The purpose of The Timken Company Charitable and Educational Fund is to improve the quality of life in the communities where our associates live and work. The following are guidelines for applicants:
- We support 501(c) (3) public charities or equivalents that are supporting programs in the United States. Requests for support outside of the United States will be handled by the local country management team.
- We focus on agencies serving our local plant communities. All requests for support should be discussed with a local Timken representative prior to application.
- Our primary focus areas are arts, education and community and economic development.
- Preference is given to those agencies providing the broadest community outcomes aligned with our focus areas and that engage Timken associates as volunteers.
- We will consider a limited number of requests from community basic needs organizations, but our primary support for this focus area is through the local United Way.
- In general, we don’t support agencies focused on health-related research, capital projects, national programs or any individual sponsorships.
- We have an annual grant review process with a deadline of September 1 for the following calendar year. We will consider requests in between our annual meeting on a limited basis.
- We will consider a limited number of fundraising events each year and encourage applications for these a minimum of 60 days prior to when a decision is needed.
If you do not know who the local Timken contact is, please use the “contact us” section of this website and your request will be directed to the appropriate person.