Our repair process can make a chock stronger than new with our mini- and full-rebuild services. We work on hundreds of chocks per year ranging in sizes up to 8 feet in diameter and 60,000 pounds. We have the experience to assess and correct key problem areas that occur in work roll and backup roll chocks. Our full-service chock rebuild and manufacturing capabilities allow us to rework critical surfaces and return your equipment to like-new condition.
With this service you can choose a single repair or work in cooperation to have Timken provide maintenance to your entire fleet of chocks. Our chock maintenance program is a comprehensive offering that includes cleaning, inspection, bearing inspection, all repairs, greasing, sealing and tracking all with the goal reducing maintenance cost and improving performance.
· We evaluate bearing condition and provide an inspection report and quotation before remanufacturing begins.
· Mill clad alloys can make repaired chocks stronger than new and resist corrosion, wear and heaving coining.
· Services are customized to meet customer need – we offer mini-rebuilds (rework of critical surfaces), full-rebuilds (equipment returned to like-new condition) and the manufacture of new chocks and housings.
· All work is subject to three independent quality checks.
· All work and materials from Timken come with a warranty
· Chock and housing repairs can save up to 60 percent off the cost of buying new.
· Hot mills
· Tin mills
· Vertical chocks
· Billet mills
· Plate mills