In many cases, standard Timken® bearings can provide superior performance by minimizing the impact of debris in a given system. In fact, in controlled lab tests under identical debris conditions, Timken standard bearings consistently equaled or outperformed bearings from several major competitors. However, in cases where significant debris problems exist, Timken offers an advanced level of protection and performance – Timken Debris Resistant Bearings – in a wide variety of sizes, bearing types and quantities. These bearings can extend bearing life by up to three times in more severe debris and thin film environments.
Our computer-based analysis tools allow engineers to model the severity of your operations’ debris by reviewing dents and other debris damage on a bearing’s raceway surface. Conclusions from damage inspections provide more data from which to choose the most appropriate debris solution.
- Available in specific size ranges for tapered, spherical and cylindrical designs.
- Debris resistant bearings are created through proprietary alloy and heat treat modifications and hard-film coating technology to optimize their mechanical properties.
- Debris technology interrupts adhesive wear and can self-repair micro-cracking, providing customers with reliable, extended life performance.
- Designs fit into your application’s existing envelope size so that costly redesigns are not required.
- Advanced manufacturing processes allow Timken to offer these bearings economically in both large and small quantities.
- Construction equipment
- Mining equipment
- Power generation equipment
- Cement and aggregate processing equipment