Timken® AquaSpexx® bearings combat bearing damage caused by water ingress and water-based corrosion utilizing a proprietary zinc alloy coating to protect raceways and other functional surfaces. This unique coating originally was developed by the aerospace industry to protect critical aircraft components. Recognizing the success of this coating, Timken patented the basic process to coat the bearings.
- Patented, proprietary zinc alloy coating protects raceways and other functional surfaces against corrosion.
- Made from case carburized steel to provide a hard, fatigue-resistant surface and tough, ductile core.
AquaSpexx bearings are engineered for use in:
- Rolling mill roll necks for the primary metals industry
- Food processing equipment
AquaSpexx bearings can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your application and can be coupled with other bearing enhancements to further maximize performance. These enhancements include:
- Revised internal geometry for use in bending operations.
- Spiral groove in the cone bore to distribute lubricants.
- Better surface finishes for improved lubrication.
- Customized sealing solutions to further enhance bearing life.