This Timken innovation prolongs shaft life while allowing easy installation and removal of a standard setscrew unit. Its patent-pending technology minimizes shaft damage by protecting shafts from gouging, raised metal and fretting corrosion. These insert bearings are found where production uptime is critical and shaft replacement is expensive.
- Design includes two conventional setscrews that do not dig into shafts in order to maintain grip.
- Setscrews transfer pressure to the shaft through a stainless-steel hardened band, eliminating direct shaft-setscrew contact.
- A groove runs beneath the setscrews in the inner-ring bore to keep this band stationary.
- The extended length of the inner ring also provides additional stability to improve shaft support and reduce bearing misalignment.
- Industrial equipment: fan and blower, food and beverage, conveyor, printing press, packaging and textiles
- Rubber and plastic
- Agriculture: combines and implements